9/09/2013

Moon and Stars Baby Pixie Bonnet, Made from a Free Pattern!

It's done yay! Johnny bought me this gorgeous Debbie bliss yarn from a local shop late last year and since it's a silk-alpaca blend and so incredibly soft I thought it would be fun to make something for the hypothetical future baby to stash in the hope chest.

Johnny helped me choose the pattern, which we found on Ravelry for free! It has 2 size choices, 3 months and 6 months, but mine came out a little bigger because the yarn I used was larger than the one called for in the pattern.

 I used a vintage white shell button for the neckband closure and embroidered the little stars on afterward.



We were inspired by this little beauty we saw on Pinterest, so I made the crocheted moon topper from this free pattern, also from Ravelry. I think I might make a smaller version of this in dark blue some time in the future as well, so once the someday baby grows out of it we'll have this one ^_~. Oh by the way there's a cute pic of one of my owl plushies modeling this on my Instagram.

*Also, don't forget to go enter my Fancy Friday feather hair extension giveaway!*

1 comment:

  1. I think this is my favorite think you've ever made! It's excellent!! And that head? Odd, old-timey-medical-thingamajig, perfect!

    ReplyDelete